As the internet has changed our lives, we have gotten more and more used to getting what we want, when we want it. If you want to watch a movie, all you have to do is click a couple of times and you are watching it in your living room. If you want food from a restaurant, just order it on your phone and it can arrive at your doorstep in less than an hour. There are now many websites where you can very quickly get an estimated value of your home, so if you ask us to “value my property,” you may be surprised to learn that the process can take a week or more.
As the saying goes, good things come to those who wait. When you ask us to “value my property,” you start a careful and precise process designed to give you the most accurate, unbiased and current appraisal of your property’s worth.
Whether you are buying property, selling property or need an appraisal for another reason, here is what you can expect when you call and ask us to “value my property”:
- First, we will set up an inspection appointment.
- The in-person inspection is the most important part of a professional property appraisal. We need specific information about your property to give you an accurate appraisal.
- Outside your home, we will look at the age of the property, the location, the structure and construction quality and the condition of the roof, gutters and siding. We will also consider other factors like the type of parking available and special site features.
- Inside your home, we will consider the layout, the livable square footage, the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, the size of the rooms, the available utilities, the condition of the interior and whether everything follows local codes.
- Once we leave your home, we will look at comparable properties and carefully consider all the data we have been given before completing our final report.